Errors and 'core' files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Errors and 'core' files

I am currently getting the following error message when I make a search on my site:

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Along with this I have found a large number of 'core' files, most of which are around 5Mb in size. The latest one is core.14971 . What is a core file?

No changes have been made to the configuration.

Any ideas?

Currently using Zoom Professional v4.2.1013 in CGI mode and indexing 6200+ pages.

Search page is at: http://www.ufoinfo.com/search.shtml

Regards,

John

A core file is a file created by the Linux oe Unix operating system when a program encounters a problem. (i.e. the program crashed).

Your shtml file that wraps the CGI is hiding the real error. The real error is,

Internal Server Error
    The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

There are many reasons why this might happen. The most common is a corrupted set of index files. This often happens if you have failed to upload sme files, or have uploaded the files in ASCII ftp mode instead of binary FTP mode (when using an external FTP program).

-------
    David

Comment

Thanks for the explanation.

All okay now after I uploaded the settings.zdat file again. It looks as if I might have altered something and forgot to upload the file again

John

Comment

Working...
      X