PHPBB - Home Page Portal - Log In Failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHPBB - Home Page Portal - Log In Failure

I added the script to my home portal (PHPBB) and search worked fine.
    When I would log out - then log in, I would be directed to the search.php

I could not login due to a conflict with my script:

<form action="/zoomsearch/search.php" id="searchform"><font face="Arial" size="2">District II Search Engine </font></span><input name="zoom_query" id="zoom_query" type="text" size="17" value="" /> <input name="" type="submit" value="SEARCH" class="button" />

I believe the conflict is due to the value=SEARCH... Since there is another search function on the same page.

However, it could be a result of "submit" .. I have not been able to figure out what is the conflict.

Any one have any suggestions?

Can you give us a URL to the page in question? Hard to tell if the form is conflicting with anything without seeing the site.

The "value=SEARCH" should not be an issue (unless you have some Javascript looking for that value). But make sure you have closed the form properly (with a </form>) before the start of the next form on the same page (with the other submit button).
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Originally posted by Ray
      Can you give us a URL to the page in question? Hard to tell if the form is conflicting with anything without seeing the site.

The "value=SEARCH" should not be an issue (unless you have some Javascript looking for that value). But make sure you have closed the form properly (with a </form>) before the start of the next form on the same page (with the other submit button).
      Hi Ray,

Sure my URL is: http://www.amadistrictii.org

The location I want to place the script is below the top-center of the page below where it says, "Need support on the District II web site? CONTACT District II Webmaster"

Thanks!
      Doug

Comment

OK, there shouldn't be any conflict from what I can see - I think it is what I said before, you must have been missing a </form> tag in your HTML, and the browser thought your login box was part of the search form. ie: make sure you have the following:

<form action="/zoomsearch/search.php" id="searchform"><font face="Arial" size="2">District II Search Engine </font></span><input name="zoom_query" id="zoom_query" type="text" size="17" value="" /> <input name="" type="submit" value="SEARCH" class="button" />
        </form>
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Thanks Ray ...

Must have been the closing </form> that I missed ..

Thats whats good about having another set of eyes to view the code ...

Thanks again for your help! ...

Comment

Working...
          X