X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to download Zoom V5 (Beta 15) & upgrade notes

Beta Download link

Here is the download link for the current beta release.
    Version 5.0 build beta 15, Released 14/Nov/06,

[UPDATE: BETA LINK HAS BEEN REMOVED]

The final V5 release is available here.
    http://www.wrensoft.com/ftp/zoomsearch.exe

Beta Upgrade and Install notes

Due to the introduction of several CSS classes, we would recommend that you allow Zoom to create a new copy of "search_template.html" in the output directory (that is, remove or rename your existing search template). This way you can view the new default search template, and adopt the CSS styles used to specify the appearance of the recommended links, and other new attributes.

As this is a beta release, we would recommend installing this in a separate folder from the public V4.2 release so you can rollback if necessary. There may still be bugs in this release and we would appreciate any bug reports and feedback.

Documentation
    The Help file is now updated with all V5.0 features. Please refer to the Help file for information on using the new features. Let us know if you have any specific usage questions which you have trouble with.
    Last edited by David; Dec-01-2006, 06:40 AM. Reason: Updated link

Indexing PDFs

Is it possible to turn on the PDF plugin for this beta release for testing purposes ? I have a very large set of PDF's I'd like to test with this.

Comment

Installation of the the PDF plug-in is the same in V5 as V4.

See the V5 Upgrade Policy for how to get a V5 key.

Comment

Plugin's not working

I have downloaded and installed v5, applied the licence provided to activate it and downloaded plugins to the C:\Program Files\Zoom Search Engine 5.0\plugins directory.
        After unzipping and installing they did not work as when I tried to add the file extensions in 'configure' I got a dialog stating that they had not been installed.

I also tried installing the plugins in C:\Program Files\Zoom Search Engine 5.0\ with no success.

NB I also have version 4.2 installed but in a different location on this PC. Plugind for version 4.2 worked after first install.

Any clues why they don't work?

Graham

Comment

Plugin not installed

Its ok I figured it out - I wasn't unzipping, saving and then running in the plugins directory, I was only unzipping and running (using WinZip) without saving!

Comment

This thread for beta testing is now closed.

Comment

Working...
            X