Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• indexing using a proxy server

Hi

Is it possible to run the Zoom indexer behind a proxy server?

Alain

Yes, Zoom Indexer will use the same proxy settings you specify in Internet Explorer. Let us know if you have any problems.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Problems indexing via a proxy server

I cannot run indexing, using Zoom 4.0 in spider mode (platform PHP) via our proxy server.

The process starts and completes successfully, but it does not process the site files. It reports the following:

Files scanned: 1
      Unique words found: 61
      URL's visited by spider: 1
      .htm scanned: 0
      .html scanned: 0
      .php scanned: 0
      .pdf scanned: 0
      .doc scanned: 0

We are running an Trend IWSS proxy server requiring user authentication. I can turn off the proxy server if needed, but I would prefer, for security reasons, to continue using the proxy server.

Comment

Make sure you have configured your proxy settings within Internet Explorer, and that you have checked the option to "Save this password".

Let us know if you continue to have problems with this. What version of Windows and IE is installed on your computer?
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

indexing using a proxy server

Ray, I have narrowed the problem down.

My zoom batch file (uses "zoomindexer -s conf.zcfg") is only successful, when run via the proxy server, if manually launched. In other words it works. It should have been clearer in my previous explanation because when configured to run as an XP scheduled task, via the proxy server, it fails.

The issue appears to have been caused by an incorrect password under the scheduled task configuration.

Thanks for you help.

David

Comment

Working...
          X