Appending results.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Appending results.

I am attempting to spider various domains to build a search engine of various sites.

In an attempt to speed up the process I was hoping to append the results rather than having to spider every site in one go, but unfortunately this does not appear possible due to the settings.php which needs to be updated on each spidering.

Is their a way of appending the results onto the existing files within the public_html folder or am I going to have to continuosly rescan everytime I wish to add another url to the search?

Cheers

You will have to re-index the list of sites each time. There is no way to append data to the index files with the current version of Zoom.

If you make sure you have unchecked "Do not use cache (reload all files)" in the configuration window, this would allow the indexer to use your browser cache and this should save alot of traffic and indexing time if the majority of your site has not changed much.

We do plan to add incremental indexing in a future version of Zoom, possibly as part of Version 5.0.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
    X