After indexing, upload locks up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After indexing, upload locks up

Sometimes after Zoom has finished indexing the site, it pops up the upload screen but before it even starts to upload the files it just gets stuck there, and stays on that screen forever. You can cancel out of the upload, to get back to the main menu, but when you try to upload (via zoom) it also gets stuck. Then when you exit entirely out of zoom, and launch zoom again, you can't try to upload via zoom anymore because it says you have to index first. (btw, it would be a nice option to allow you to re-upload the last indexed version still so you don't have to re-index or manually ftp). Did something get corrupt while indexing? This happens even with single threaded indexing.

Never had this problem with v4.

If Zoom has trouble connecting to the server via FTP, it should timeout given 60 seconds time. I presume the part that it gets "stuck" at is after you click on "Upload" and it is attempting to connect to the server (let us know if it is during a different stage of the connection, you should be able to tell from the uploading "Progress" message - what does it say when it gets stuck?).

I am also presuming you are using the latest beta available (Version 5.0 - Build: Beta 13b), click on "Help"->"About" to confirm.

Did you try uploading with PASV mode both on and off? This can help if you are behind a firewall in particular.

If you have Windows Firewall enabled (or any firewall app), make sure you add Zoom to the exceptions list. Perhaps you have V4's executable added to the list, but not V5?

Can you also tell us which version of Windows you are using?

Note that you can always upload the files through a third party FTP client if necessary (make sure to do it in binary mode and not text mode).
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

It actually gets stuck right after the window opens. The screen pops up, everything is greyed out and it gets stuck there, and the progress just says "Queuing files for upload..." Even if I let the screen sit there for 60+ seconds, it just stays like that, no timeout or anything.

The weird thing is, if I reindex it might go through the next time (i.e. the upload will go through fine).

Zoom v5 build 13b is running on a Windows 2000 Server, SP4. And there is no firewall application running on the box. PASV mode does not work, and in fact I can't even use a 3rd party ftp client to connect in PASV mode.

Comment

Could you e-mail us your ZCFG file with your FTP settings? We could take a closer look this way.

We haven't had any other reports of this problem yet, and we have not been able to replicate it. I'll do some more testing when I get in to work on Monday on a Windows 2000 machine. Any more information would be helpful.

Have you tried using V4.2 again on the same machine to see if it still uploads OK?
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
        X