FR - PDF Incremental indexing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FR - PDF Incremental indexing

I have a 2003 server running with 1/2 a gig of memory and I was wondering will V 5 be able to index a 200 gig pdf file piece by peace because I wasn't able to index it with version 4.2?

I could supply you with this pdf file if you need me to..

Iamoedro, I don't believe you. You don't have a 200 GB PDF file. Feel free to prove me wrong however.

Looking back, a lot of your posts are slightly confused. Please take a bit more time when writing a post.

Comment

I appolgize I ment a 200 meg pdf file...

Comment

You can't index huge PDF files a piece at a time.

If you have huge PDF files and not much RAM (relative to the size of the PDF), then select 1 indexing thread in Zoom and the smallest possible values on the limits tab in Zoom.

Selecting 1 thread is important, because Zoom tried to allocate buffer space to process 1 document per thread. So if you select 10 threads, each thread potentially needs to download and process a file of size 200MB simulateneously. Requiring 2GB of RAM. Using only 1 thread requires only 200MB for the single buffer.

But if you are creating and manipulating 200MB files, you really need more than 512MB of RAM.

Comment

Working...
        X