Search results display suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search results display suggestions

Instead of the vanilla <!-- ZOOMSEARCH --> in the search statement where we don't have any control over the display of data (aesthetically speaking), I'd suggest providing following fields so we can customize the results display:

1./ <!-- ZOOM-TITLE -->
    2./ <!-- ZOOM-URL -->
    3./ <!-- ZOOM-DESCRIPTION -->
    etc..

and we can format them as folllows:

<table class=zoom>
    <tr><td class=bold>
    <!-- zoom-title:80 --> (where :80 stands for 80 characters)
    </td></tr><tr><td class=normal>
    <!-- zoom-description:120 --> (where :120 stands for 120 words)
    </td></tr><tr><td class=italic>
    <!-- zoom-url:50 --> (truncates the URL to the first 50 characters)
    </table>
    <br><br>

Yes, we have considered a more flexible (and also more complex) template page, but we decided against it for this release. There are many factors that complicate the matter, and require some significant changes to how it works (and may also change usage and what can go wrong in the case of user error - eg. in your above example, a user could specify a length greater than what they have allowed in the Indexer).

Nonetheless, a new template format where you can position individual elements is something we're considering for a future version.

In the meantime however, I should advise that alot can be changed and modified with CSS and the existing indexer options. Many users are not fully aware of the capabilities of CSS and most of their layout requirements can actually be achieved with some effort.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Css

I agree with Ray. There is almost anything possible with css. I have been able to position and adjust almost every element. What can't be done with css is of course possible with using xml.

However, I wished each <DIV> would be assigned an id. That would make things a whole lot easier.

Comment

Working...
      X