Wildcards don't work with PDFs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wildcards don't work with PDFs

The generic search.html says that wildcards are supported. This is correct for indexing PDFs but it does not carry over to viewing them. For example, searching for blue* shows which PDFs contain, e.g. bluebird, but clicking on one of them shows that PDF with the search panel saying "no match for blue*". I took the statement about wildcards out of the search.html on a site of mine that is mainly PDFs; it is not a problem for me but others might want to be aware of this - I don't think it is in the documentation.
    Walter K.

This is from the latest Help file (under "Configuring a plugin") that comes with V5 Beta 15:

Highlight and locate within PDF documents (PDF only)
    This feature will allow searched words to appear highlighted within Acrobat Reader when you click on a PDF document in the list of search results. Acrobat Reader will also scroll and locate the first occurrence of the word. This feature will only work for Acrobat Reader 7.0 or later.

Note that this feature is dependent on the capabilities of the Acrobat Reader application which does not currently support exact phrase matching and substring matching. This means that it may highlight some words which were not the ones specifically found or matched by Zoom in such cases.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
    X