Error Message - NO DISK IN DRIVE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error Message - NO DISK IN DRIVE

Sometimes when I want to change folders, it gives me the follwoing error.

In part it says ""NO DISK IN DRIVE..."

It goes into a loop searching all my drives. Then the program locks up, and I have to reboot.

What amm I doing wrong
    Carlton Brooks
    Mesa, Arizona

That's strange, can you give us more information about when this happens:

- Which folder are you changing, the "output directory", "start directory" or something else? In offline mode or spider mode?
    - What version of Windows are you using?
    - What version of Zoom are you using (click on "Help" -> "About")
    - Can you reproduce the error consistently (eg. everytime the output directory is set to "A:\" and then you click on "...") ? Or does it occur occasionally, and under different circumstances.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

I am using Windows 2000
      Zoom v4.0 build 1011

Spider Mode
      Output Directory C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop
      Click on ...
      Opens Browse for Folder
      Choose a Folder
      Start to scroll down using sidebar
      Gets 3/4 of the way down the list then up pops an error box

ZoomIndexer.exe - No Disk
      There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive \Device\Harddisk3\DR6

I hit cancel and it starts to add my "mapped" drives after each cancel. I am attempting to get it to my zip drive which is labeled Drive Z.

I have physical drives C and D, CDROM is E, DVD is F, G, H, I, J, K, L, M are all used for different media formats.

It seems that when I open the box to change directories it does not "map" all the information, when it opens.
      Carlton Brooks
      Mesa, Arizona

Comment

We did a bit of research and this appears to be a common problem with the Zip drive device driver when no disk is inserted.

You should get the same problem with other applications, for example, in Internet Explorer, if you click on "Tools" -> "Internet Options" -> "General" -> "Settings" -> "Move Folder", and then proceed to scroll down the list to locate your Zip drive, the same thing should occur. Searches on Google also indicate the problem occurs in Outlook Express, Word, etc.

One quick solution to this is to make sure you have a Zip disk inserted in your drive before browsing for folders.

Nonetheless, we will also add some code in the next build of Zoom (4.0.1012) that will attempt to avoid triggering this problem. However, we can not guarantee this will eliminate it all together if it proves to be a more intrinsic problem within the device driver itself.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Thanks for the help.
          Carlton Brooks
          Mesa, Arizona

Comment

Working...
          X