Template doesn't have form text field

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Template doesn't have form text field

When I indexed my site the sample search template came up with just a few lines of text and nothing else. there is no text field to type in words to search.

Did I miss something in the wizard?

Disregard

I was able to find an answer with another newbeeie question on the forum.

Thanks

Comment

Yes, this is a common question. Just in case other people find this post, the answer is

1/ That you should NOT link to the search_template.html file
      2/ You MUST link to the script file, e.g. search.asp or search.php, etc..

The script file produces the HTML form with the text field to type in words to search for.

-------
      David

Comment

Few lines of text on search form... with CD search

I have pretty much the same problem...a few lines of text and a box but nothing works. I am using javascript on a CD. I call up the search.html file.

Tony

Comment

For the Javascript version, this might happen if Javascript is being blocked by some security software.

Internet Explorer 6.0 with SP2 has some default security feature like this, and you should see a bar pop up at the top of the window that says: "To help protect your security, Internet Explorer has restricted this file from showing active content that could access your computer." Click on this bar and select "Allow blocked content...". This will allow the Javascript to run.

This is an IE security option that you can configure to always allow from "Tools"->"Internet Options"->"Advanced"->"Security".
          --Ray
          Wrensoft Web Software
          Sydney, Australia
          Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
          X