Logging Issues - Getting Duplicate Entries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logging Issues - Getting Duplicate Entries

Just purchased Zoom and I'm very impressed. Everything is working fine other than for some reason I'm getting duplicate entries in logging searches. Each search show up 3 times in "searchwords.log" file like this:

-------------------------------
    2006-12-02, 19:07:34, IPADDRESS, "testing", Matches = 0, OR, PerPage = 10, PageNum = 0, No cats, Time = 0.129, Rec = 0
    2006-12-02, 19:07:35, IPADDRESS, "testing", Matches = 0, OR, PerPage = 10, PageNum = 0, No cats, Time = 0.135, Rec = 0
    2006-12-02, 19:07:36, IPADDRESS, "testing", Matches = 0, OR, PerPage = 10, PageNum = 0, No cats, Time = 0.131, Rec = 0
    -------------------------------

Anyone know a fix?

My guess it that there is something wrong with your search page and the search is really being run 3 times. Maybe you have included some content on your search page that is refreshing or reloading the page. You should find out what it is because running a search 3 times is not very efficient.

Or maybe your are being hit 3 times in quick succession by an external script.

Comment

I'm running the searches myself, so I dont think its an external script. I originally installed the free trial and it ran fine for logging. I then added another include file on my header of the "mysearch.php" page which is for a basic search form. On this page are several include files for header/footer/nav and also the include for the search.php file.

Would the additional include files be effecting this?

Thanks.

Comment

Are you using Google adsense on the same page? It might be the Google adsense hitting the page several times. Can you try removing the Google adsense just as a test.

Google adsense tries to delivery relevent adds, but it can only do this if it knows what words are on the page in question. To do this it might be taking a copy of the page via an additional HTTP request.

If you still have a problem can you tell us the URL of the search page. So that we can have a look at it.

You could also try removing your includes one at a time to see which one is the problem.

Comment

Yes, I have 4 php includes which are all calling the Adsense ads on the page. Looks like that was it. Removed them and its running fine for logging.

Only issue is one of the main reasons to have the search was to integrate the Adsense ads into the results page. This being said, how bad is it to have the Zoom and the logging run triple each time someone searches? Will it have any effect if I disable logging or is it just the same load on the server/Zoom to leave it running? It seems like the search function is coming back pretty quickly, so it doesnt look like it really bogging it down to much. We have over 2,500 pages being searched with over 10,000 unique visitors per day.

Thanks.

Comment

It is not the logging that is the issue. It is the fact that the search is being run multiple times. So you are tripling the search load on your server. But the numbers from your log file show a search is only taking 0.13 sec. So it isn't a huge amount of load. If you have 60 real searches performed per min, then you have a real problem. If you have 1 search per min, then the load is negligible and can be ignored.

Comment

Working...
            X