Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• image plugin errors

hello,
    thank you very much for the best search i ever saw and the version 5 is really good with all they options and works much quicker, thank you again for such big piece of software.
    i have purchased zoom especially to make photogallery could you please help or explain what im doing wrong?

i cant getit how to dispaly images alongside of my search

this is what im doing:
    i downloaded image plugin from http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/plugins.html, unziped and placed them in folder plugin as is said in the instruction,

restarted zoom (plugin apears as enabled in right hand log)

in scan options tab i added new extension (.jpg) - click over and click over configure -> configure images, i have checked "display different thumb..." inserted correct path to images i want to be scanned, added after name sign "_t", checked image extension
    every urls apears to be correct, hit ok

back to first image config window:
    "retrive internal meta info..." - unchecked (if this is checked i recive error when scanning which says:"[image plugin error] plugin incompatibility error" and usual winxp error report apears asking if i want to send or not info about this error)
    "use description desc" unchecked (if this is checked i recive error as described above)
    "retrive technical data..." unchecked (if this is checked i recive error as described above)
    any way i don need exif to be readit all my info it will be in my page with thumb (one simple html page for each thumb - every page has <meta name="ZOOMIMAGE" content="url">)

in result layout tab image is marked

i start indexing everything seams to be ok but thumbsimages are not shown alongside of my search ...

thank you for help in advance
    ewa

You should never see the Windows error report. This probably means the image plug-in has crashed. Could you please E-Mail us the image file in question so that we can see what type of file it was and what was in the file that caused the crash.

If possible can you post or E-mail us the URL to your web site and maybe you configuration file as well. If we can see the problem it will make the fault finding quicker.

Comment

hello, thank you very much for you answer, i send it all files you ask for to your email, if you need any think else please just drop me an email, post in forums or send me priv, thank you again for the greate work you have done, guys im sure my problems are just something very easy to solve (most posible my fault)
      thank you for you help in advance
      ewa

ps. please note only exact urls works because this is only a test page
      thank you

Comment

We've received your files and had a closer look at the problem, here are our findings:

Originally posted by isd View Post
        "retrive internal meta info..." - unchecked (if this is checked i recive error when scanning which says:"[image plugin error] plugin incompatibility error" and usual winxp error report apears asking if i want to send or not info about this error)
        We have confirmed that there is a bug in the ImageInfo plugin causing this crash to occur on some image files. A new build of the plugin with this bug fixed will be made available soon.

any way i don need exif to be readit all my info it will be in my page with thumb (one simple html page for each thumb - every page has <meta name="ZOOMIMAGE" content="url">)
        i start indexing everything seams to be ok but thumbsimages are not shown alongside of my search ...
        We had a look at your site, and noticed that you have specified an incorrect URL in your ZOOMIMAGE meta tag. The URL to your thumbnail had an extension ending in ".JPG" while your actual thumbnail file had a ".jpg" extension.

Note that URLs and filenames on the Internet are generally case sensitive. This means that lowercase and uppercase differences are significant. You will find that if you try to access that same URL in your meta tag (with the uppercase ".JPG") in a browser, you will receive a "File not found" error.

So, if you simply correct the ZOOMIMAGE meta tag URL to match the lowercase file extension of your actual thumbnail file, you should find that the thumbnail will now appear in your search results correctly.

Hope that helps, and let us know if you continue to have any problems.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

We've released a new ImageInfo plugin that fixes the crash. You can download it here.
          SK
          PassMark Software

Comment

just like to pass a comment here, less than a day from a user reporting a possible bug to a fix being posted, thats awesome guys, bloody awesome. Keep up this superb support
            Pete Vickerstaff
            MG F/TF Central

Comment

thank you very much for your greate help, guys
              its working very well now,
              it was my fault i havent clear my catche...
              keep the way you are and never change please...
              thanks again for best support which is really nice christmas gift
              ewa

Comment

I am getting this same error with Zoom Search 5.1 and the current plugin. I will reindex the site in the next day or so and get the info you need as set out above and send to you to see if there is still an issue.

Bob
                Robert Isaac
                Volvo Owners Club

Comment

Or just post a link a image in question and we'll see if we can index it from here.

Comment

I am not sure which image is causing this so please look at an extract from the error file at www.volvoclub.org.uk/graphics/zoom_error.jpg.

Thanks

Bob
                    Robert Isaac
                    Volvo Owners Club

Comment

The image file that is generating the generating the error is,
                      http://www.volvoclub.org.uk/press/graphics/pcc.jpg

Internet Explorer, FireFox, Windows and Paint Shop Pro all fail to open this JPG file. So I think the file really is corrupt in this case and you need to replace it with a good version of the image.

Comment

I reuploaded the image and the error has gone. Thanks

Bob
                        Robert Isaac
                        Volvo Owners Club

Comment

Working...
                        X