Category Drop Down Menu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Category Drop Down Menu

I just purchased the Zoom V5 upgrade from V4.2. I like much of what I am seeing. I am wondering how to get the nice pretty drop down menu for the search form instead of your default list of check boxes (which would work fine if I had a list of 1 or 2, but since I have a large list, I need the drop down menu. To see what I am referring to, go here:

http://wrensoft.com/search.php?zoom_query=zoom

Notice your Category drop down menu.

I see the form in the search.php file, but it looks like quite a bit of effort to modify. Is there no setting in the program at all? Or what is the easy way to edit the needed area? Perhaps you can provide the code change here on the forum? Did I miss it in the manual? The odd thing is, in the manual, you actually have a print screen example with the drop down menu instead of the check boxes.

I appreciate your fast response times and hope to get an answer to this one ASAP.

Actually, the drop-down category box is the default. You only get the checkboxes if you enabled "Allow searching in multiple categories" on the "Category" tab of the Configuration window. This is because it's not possible to select multiple options using a dropdown box.

So if you simply turn off that feature again, you'll get a dropdown box in your search form.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
    X