Windows CGI & Search Log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows CGI & Search Log

I had the Windows ASP version running and successfully outputting the search log to a file. I changed it over to the Windows CGI version, which runs just fine, no error messages, but I can't seem to get it to output to the search log file.

I've left the searchlog file in the same directory as the CGI program. I've tried referencing the searchlog file via the full path to the file, the path from the root of the site, and just no path info (as it's in the same directory).

I've made sure the folder via IIS 6.0 is Write enabled and that groups have write access to the search log file. But still no go.

Ideas??

Thanks,
    Cary

Setting the correct permissions on IIS and Window 2003 is a painful exercise. Pretty much no one fully understands the complex scheme that Microsoft has dreamed up.

We have documented what we have found out in the FAQ question here,
    http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support/logging.html

-=-=-=-=-
    There are a number of issues with setting up CGI applications to have write permission to web folders on Windows Server 2003 and IIS 6.0. This was due to the significant changes in security and access permissions which introduces a number of conflicting (and confusing) settings with the other layers of security in the Windows file system and the existing IIS management system. [More]

Comment

Tried all those, but no luck.

Thanks anyway.
      -Cary

Comment

Working...
      X