Automatacially Indexing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automatacially Indexing

I'm looking into a some search scripts and found Zoom, it looks like what I need but I have questions on the automatic schedular. My setup I am thinking is this: Install Zoom on a Windows 2003 server and schedule it to run 1x a week, my webserver is on a MAC OS X server, it looks like Zoom has an FTP but I would prefer SMB, how would I best do this? Or should I write my own batch script that runs an hour after the indexer runs and have it do a smb command to my MAC server? I guess I could mount a drive to from the WIndows machine to the OS X server too if I had to. Any help?

- TB

We don't have much experience with SMB. But you do need some way to transfer the files from the machine doing the indexing to the machine doing the web servering. (Unless they are the same machine, which is not the case here).

FTP is the common method of doing file transfers and this is built into Zoom. But any method is OK. You can remote mount the hard drive, use a floppy disk, USB key drive, etc.. You need to select the best method according to your network.

If you can do a scripted file transfer with SMB, then that is fine.

Comment

Working...
    X