Combining Searches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Combining Searches

Never mind,, I found the way to perform the searchs as offline mode... I needed to read a bit more

On my website I have a lot of information that is actually posted on a network drive that does not have direct links into the web, but uses an inline frame that links to an explorer/file manager for a particular Network drive location; example file:///S:/Maintenance/Washington/Maintenance/JHA

I have no problem indexing the site or creating an off-line index for the JHA folders. Is there a way to place radio buttons on a single search page so that it directs the search to that particular index?
    Last edited by whisperinghill; Jan-12-2007, 09:43 PM. Reason: I'm a dummy?

Never mind...
    Does that mean you sorted out the whole problem? Or do you still have a question about Radio buttons and multiple sets of index files.

Comment

Does that mean you sorted out the whole problem? Or do you still have a question about Radio buttons and multiple sets of index files.
      yes I have sorted it out , but yes I would like a more information about using radio buttons and multiple index files, if you have any.

Thanks for the followup

Comment

You will need to write a bit of Javascript to create a search form which switches the form action depending on which radio button is selected. The different sets of index files (each with its own search script and settings file) will have to be located in different folders. So your form will switch the action to the corresponding search page, eg. one option would point to "sitesearch/search.php", another may point to "JHA/search.php".
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Thanks

Ray, appreciate the reply and figured I would have to write some script, will be interesting. I will give it a go and if successful will post.

Comment

Success at Multiple Index Search Page

I found some basic mult-site search script and adapted it to looking at specific directories with the required search.html and zoom js files.

I placed in frames page and results show up in main. interesting though for most not useful.

Categories do the same for me, once I really read the manual

Attached are the files and the only change I made to the search.html file was to add the following comment
            Search this site only, to search other locations use the search box above
            Enter one or more keywords to search Use '*' and '?' wildcards for partial word entries. Also, to search a phrase enclose it by "Quotes"
            Useful in some locations but your software covers this area well.

Again awesome software
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X