difficulty searching within a specific directory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• difficulty searching within a specific directory

Using the PHP search form....I can successfully create a search for an entire website, but am not able to configure the program correctly to display results from a specific directory search.

For example: The files are contained within one folders such as:
    http://www.mysite.com/mainfolder/subfolder/ (HTML files are here)

If I request that Zoom Search start with this folder, it appears to index the website files and uploads the search files. However, the search results (search.php) always show "no results found" for any of the words, phrases, etc., that I know are contained in the pages indexed.

I added an index page with links to all of the files within the folder and tried to create the search from that page, but that had no effect. Still "no results found".

Did I miss something in the instruction manual, or in the wizard? Any help or guidance would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

The first step is to look in log window (the right hand section of the Zoom window) to see which files are being indexed.

If files which you think should be indexed are not being indexed, then start by having a look at these FAQ questions.

Q. Why are some of my pages being skipped by the indexer?
    Q. Why are links in my Javascript menus being skipped?
    Q. I am indexing with spider mode but it is not finding all the pages on my web site

If you are sure all the pages are being indexed, I would then look at the page content to make sure the HTML used on the oage is valid (assuming they are HTML pages) and that you have not skipped some of the content.

Then I would check to see if you are uploading the set of index files to the correct directory on your server. (Maybe the new files are in a different directory from what you think)

If you still have a problem can you post the real URL to your site and the URL for the non working search function.

Comment

Thanks for the prompt response!

My error was that I included the full path in the "Base URL" path. Correcting this solved the problem.

Thanks again. Great software, by the way!!!

Comment

Working...
      X