Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• search with filtering by directory

Hi,
    I use the cgi search. Is there a way to filter search results according to directory without having to set up a category? In other words, could I put an option in the get query string that tells the cgi to only display results that are found in a certain directory? Much the same way that categories work, only this would be on the fly.

There is no easy way no. I would think categories would be the best solution. Why don't you want to use categories?

Comment

I guess the other option is to post-process the results. You can include the URL in the results, so you can use a PHP script to look for results that contain a particular subdiirectory, and then re-display them.

I have no idea how to do this... it would be nice if there as a post-processing PHP script available.

Regards
      Ian Tresman

Comment

If you want to do post processing, the consider using the XML output option (of the search.cgi script) instead of the default HTML output. The XML is probably slightly easier to parse by your script.

Comment

We like using categories. However, to do what we want to do, this would require about 3000 categories. We have many, many subdirectories which we wish to do isolated searches on; and specifying the directory to search in the 'get query' would be very helpful.

Would you consider this as a feature in the future?

D

Comment

If enough people asked for this feature we would implement it. But I don't think we have had any other requests for this feature as yet.

Comment

Working...
            X