"default namespace" not supported

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "default namespace" not supported

I recently purchased and installed the zoom search software with no problems. I began styling the template file and everything was working fine, but now that I have come back from lunch, things are messed up. The search still works in firefox, but IE returns an error:

The XML page cannot be displayed
    Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Use of default namespace declaration attribute in DTD not supported. Error processing resource 'http://newhlknweb.tamu.edu/search/search.asp?zoom_query=science'. Line 11, Position 7

can anyone explain whats happening?

You are probably using a template page right?

So you have search.asp which looks to settings.asp which looks to probably your template page right?

You main error it looks like is to main <html> tags. If your using a link back page you have to edit the template pages and pull out all repeated commands.

That way I have it is

1. Custom page
    2. Files include search.asp (have to remove <%@language %> have to use Templates - modify script source...)
    3. file include settings.asp
    4. file include searchtemplate.html (has minimal stuff in it)

Comment

Thanks for the reply, but I found the error.

In my search_template.html file, dreamweaver had placed an XML doc type code at the top, replacing the DTD xhtml doc type code.

"<?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252"?>"

just had to strip that out, and everythings up and running again

Comment

Working...
      X