PassMark Logo
Home » Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Page title is repeated in description - why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Page title is repeated in description - why?

How could I eliminate the repeating of the page title in the description block?

For example, the bolded string in this result:

1. System Parameters
    System Parameters System Parameters control ...

Thx,
    Leon

It might be becuase on the HTML page in question you have the same title and meta description. Or it might be becuase you searched for the keywords that appeared in the title and so these words also appear in the context result.

Can you post the HTML code for the page in question and / or the URL to your search function.

Comment

Actually, in checking another problem, I realized that it's just grabbing everything at the top of the page body (content in Heading tags, etc.). For example:
      <h1>Tuning FIX</h1>
      <h2>IOI Performance</h2>
      <p>Via the Web Admin Console, you can do the following:</p>

Produces:
      Tuning FIX IOI Performance Via the Web Admin Console, you can do the following:

I understand about ZOOMSTOP and ZOOMRESTART, but RoboHelp won't pass them along to the generated Webhelp, so that using them would be a labor-intensive post-production effort.

Leon

Comment

It does sound like you need to use ZOOMSTOP and ZOOMRESTART if you wish to exclude certain text from being indexed. Yes, headings are also indexed. So if you have a heading near the top of the page which is the same as your page title, it is possible it could look 'duplicated' in the context (because theoretically, the content did appear twice on your page).

Does RoboHelp filter out all HTML comments? Usually programs like RoboHelp, Help&Manual, etc. allow you to modify header/footer text, or the formatting of any auto-generated text, so that you can specify a ZOOMSTOP/ZOOMRESTART tag there without having to do this manually across all files.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

It only seems to filter out whatever it doesn't know about (the Robohelp application code is about five years old with the latest dot release three years old).

Unfortunately, the H1 and H2 tags are BODY content, not header/footer content. Oh well, FAR and ExamDiff have just become my all-time best friends (along with, of course, ZOOM!).

Thx,
          Leon

Comment

Working...
          X