Thingamablog and zoom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thingamablog and zoom

My work department uses Thingamablog which is a free blogging software tool to maintain a work blog for employees. The blog is on an internal server. I've added the free edition of zoom search to a test version of our blog and it seems to work so far. I have 2 questions. 1) How do I determine how many pages my blog is? The blog itself is a .html file. I know there is an underlying database, but I really don't have a clue how it is organized. I'm unsure whether I will need to purchase one of the editions in order to index the entire blog (and archive which is a separate .html file). Which brings me to my 2nd question 2) Is it possible to set zoom up on my site as a spider search. I really don't have a URL address to enter. I've set it up to scan in offline mode and use a path like this for the base URL file:///e:/test blog/ and a local folder of e:\test blog. I choose java script as the scripting platform. Any advise would be appreciated.

Just taking a quick look at Thingmablog - it seems to be fairly simple, just a desktop application which generates a bunch of HTML files and changes them when you update your blog. There does not seem to be individual pages per blog entry, instead, everything goes in the one HTML page until it gets archived off by month.

So the answer to your first question - how many "pages" is your blog (from the perspective of Zoom) would seem to be just the number of HTML files which is generated by Thingmablog.

In regards to using Zoom's Spider Mode to index your site - you can only do this if your site is hosted on a web server. You told us that the blog is on an internal server, but not whether this internal server is actually a web server (running IIS or Apache) - meaning that it can be accessed via a "http://" style URL. If it is not running on a web server, and you are simply accessing the files across the filesystem, then no, you can not use Spider Mode in this scenario.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
    X