Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Highlight.js not generating

Hello -

I am testing Zoom Search Engine 5.0 on our internal blog. I have the zoom free version. I've checked the jump to match option in the configuration and added the sample code to the site. I coupldn't figure out why it wasn't working until this AM I discovered that highlight.js file isn't being generated. After I index the message indicates these files need to be moved;
    E:\test blog\search.js
    E:\test blog\settings.js
    E:\test blog\search.html
    E:\test blog\zoom_index.js
    E:\test blog\zoom_pageinfo.js

I don't know where to go to track this down. Any ideas?

There are instructions in this FAQ question, Jumping to a match and highlighting in document.

Here is an extract.

"Now, locate the "highlight.js" file included with Zoom. It can be found in the Zoom program folder (usually "C:\Program Files\Zoom Search Engine 5.0\highlight.js"). Copy this file to your website, as you will need to include the "highlight.js" file from each page on your site."

Comment

No Zoom Folder?

I would really like to make the highlighting work but I do not even have a Zoom folder???? I am using Dreamweaver and it is working but I can not locate this folder or the highlight.js file.

Comment

The Dreamweaver Extension version of Zoom is installed in a different folder (due to the installation being handled by Macromedia's Extension Manager). This can be one of a number of different places depending on the version of Dreamweaver and the currently logged in user.

The following are some typical paths where it may be installed. Note that you will need to turn on "View hidden files" in Explorer to locate these (click on "Tools"->"Folder Options"->"View"->"Hidden files and folders"->"Show hidden files and folders").

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Macromedia\Dreamweaver MX 2004\Configuration\Zoom Search Engine

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Macromedia\Dreamweaver MX 2004\Configuration\Zoom Search Engine

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Macromedia\Dreamweaver MX 2004\Configuration\Zoom Search Engine

Note that username should be replaced with the name of the user that is currently logged in (or which Zoom or Dreamweaver was installed for).
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
        X