Frontpage 98

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frontpage 98

Okay, so I am using ancient software, but I need some help.

I inherited the website www.aquarticles.com last year from its founder. The site was created and is currently managed with Frontpage 98.

About a month ago the site's old search function died. I don't know why.
    The url for the site's search is:
    http://www.aquarticles.com/search.html

I have now bought Zoom Professioanl 5.0 and have scanned the site. I am all set to upload Zoom but need to know whether there is anything I should beware of. I am NOT a computer expert. I AM scared of ruining the site somehow. Can anyone set my mind at ease?

Thanks.

If you manually create a new sub-directory on your site. e.g. /search/ then upload the set of Zoom index files into this new directory, there is really no risk of breaking anything.

At the moment you have a lot of links pointing to the old (broken) search function, /search.html, so you also need to change these links so that they point to your new search function. The new search function URL will be something like,
    /search/search.php (this will vary depending on if you are using the PHP or ASP option)

Depending on how you built this site this URL change might mean changing quiet a number of pages. But if each page shares a common header and footer it might only be a single change that is required to fix all pages.

Needless to say there is never no risk of breaking things. But there should be no additional risk beyond what you already have encounter when using FrontPage. Always keep backups in any case. You never know when you are going to spill that cup of coffee into your computer.

Comment

Working...
    X