Zoom V5.0 Build 1003 CGI Problem - No results returned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zoom V5.0 Build 1003 CGI Problem - No results returned

Hi, I upgraded today from Zoom 1002 to Zoom 1003 and there is a problem for me with the new search.cgi.
    After completing indexing and performing a search it doesn't show the results.
    It shows that there is a number of results without showing them. I have indexed the whole site 2 times and in both cases it didn't work. Then I downgraded to 1002 and replaced the search.cgi with the old one and it works great.
    With the same index files (created by 1003 engine), the problem appears only with the new search.cgi.
    I don't know if there is a problem with my configuration or a bug but I thought it would be helpful to report it.
    Thank you in advance.

We'll check it out. What type of host are you running? Windows, Linux, BSD, Sun or something else? Do you still have the broken search function online somewhere were we can see it?

Comment

Unfortunately I don't have it online, because I am running a localhost. I am using Zoom Search Engine as an indexer for my personal html database.
      I am running Apache/2.2.3 on Windows XP.

Edit: I tested it also with another Web Server (KF Web Server) and got the same results.
      I have also noted that if I index using XML/RSS output, then I get the xml results with no problem
      Last edited by cardiogr; Feb-06-2007, 11:41 PM.

Comment

Oops. You're right, there was a bug with the CGI build in our initial release of 5.0.1003 yesterday.

We have now patched the build and fixed the problem (7/Feb/07). Please download it again from here:
        http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/whatsnew.html

This bug only affected the CGI option, not PHP or ASP

We apologize for the inconvenience.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

another victim of this bug...

some more information would be nice. I upgraded the total packagage and had to change the win32_search.cgi script also. ( it,s in a other location)
          Maybe just changing the CGI script was sufficient?

Comment

Yes, just replacing the search.cgi script with the new one will fix the problem. The bug was in the ranking algorithm in the CGI. If any search returned less than 1000 results the CGI would fail.

Comment

still having some strange problems. Some words do not show up and do not give the "no results"" message. Not sure where to look
              I am rerunning the total index to be sure theres nothing corrupted. Starting with only html and working my way up.

Comment

Thank you, it is working now.

Comment

Working...
                X