Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 995 categories crashes CGI

Hi again,

You are never going to believe this. I think we may have found another bug. We crashed the CGI with many, many categories, and this time the magic number is 995. 994 works fine. The CGI loads just fine, but when we enter in any search term and press submit, it crashes.

This happens while using both the Linux, and Windows CGIs; and in Firefox, Konqueror, Opera, and IE. And using both apache and shttpd servers.

We get a windows crash error that says this:
    AppName: win32_search.cgi AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: win32_search.cgi
    ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 00011dc8

In linux, it just stops and last bit of the source looks like this:
    <li><input type="checkbox" name="zoom_cat[]" value="995">Other</input></li> </ul><br /><br /> </span> <span cla

It seems to crash immediatley after printing all the categories. Ask me if you need any other data.

Thanks,
    D

Edit: We made sure it is with the newest CGI in 5.0.1003 as of Feb 7; not the first one included with 5.0.1003.
    Last edited by dbuck; Feb-07-2007, 09:00 PM. Reason: Added browsers, verified CGI

I must say that our testing of over 100 categories has been very limited, since we naturally did not think people were going to make that many categories (as it gets more than a little impractical to search with).

Nonetheless, this is most definitely a bug that needs addressing, and we will have it fixed in the next build. We appreciate the "stress testing" you're putting Zoom through, it only helps to make the software better in the end
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Thank you once again.

I think we will have to show you some time how we are implementing the many categories. In the meantime, thank you for a really good product.

FYI, our team is going to demo something at Novell BrainShare 2007 that uses the CGI search. We have high hopes, thanks to Zoom.
      Last edited by dbuck; Feb-09-2007, 04:07 PM.

Comment

This bug is now fixed in the latest release, V5.0 build 1004:
        http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/whatsnew.html
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
        X