Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem in display search result in chinese

Hi,

I have used Zoom to make an insite search engine in a chinese big5 encoding website and everything seems ok. But I meet one problem now. When I used some special chinese word for searching, the result will not display property, it will display just like

-------------------------
    CHINESE WORD ARE OK/a>
    -------------------------

and the hyperlink will have error display mode. The word I input is %B7%7C (after urlencode). Which method can I use to solve the problem, please give me some opinion, thanks for all of you

First thing to do is to make sure your encoding settings are the same, from your search_template.html, to your Zoom Configuration -> Languages window to the content that has been indexed from your site.

Having confirmed that, you might want to try disabling highlighting (on the "Results Layout" tab of the Configuration window). See if that makes a difference (you'll need to re-index). There are some known issues with the highlighting feature and multibyte character sets when searching with the "substring match" feature (or using wildcards).

If your website is online, it may also help if you could give us the URL to it so we can take a look at the problem first-hand.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
    X