Garbled CGI?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garbled CGI?

I'm new to the Zoom Search Engine and I am trying to use the CGI version of the search script. However, I'm running into a problem. The app. indexes fine and it creates a search.cgi that seems to be corrupt. The created file looks like a text file uploaded to a server using binary mode as opposed to ascii mode. The funny thing is that I have not loaded it any where! The original file is created that way on my local drive.

I would use the PHP version, however I can't because I'm indexing 100,000s of pages. I kind of wish that there was an option to create a MySQL database and a search template to search from there. But, the CGI will have to do.

Does anyone know why the search.cgi file is created corrupted? I've tried running it several times and looking for options but I can't seem to see the right one. I'm hopeful that someone here will be able to help me.

Thanks,

Dave

The CGI is a binary file. It is a C/C++ compiled application that will be executed on your web server. It is not a text file. So what you are seeing is perfectly normal.

People often mistakenly believe that CGI's are all Perl scripts. This is not true:
    http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support/platforms.html#cgi

So what you need to do is simply upload the files to your CGI enabled folder on the web server (usually something like "cgi-bin"), make sure that the file has executable rights (as you do with any other CGI scripts), and it should work. Make sure you have selected the right OS (to match the web server's OS) when you clicked on the "CGI" option in the Indexer.

If you run into any problems, consult the following FAQs on getting the CGI version to work on your server:
    http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support/faq_cgi.html
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
    X