Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updated PPT and XLS plugins

Hi all,

We've just released a new version of the PPT and XLS plugins. The major change is that these plugins will no longer attempt to write temporary files in the root/working directory. They will instead, now write to the user allocated temporary folder as assigned by Windows (eg. "C:\Documents and Settings\user\Local Settings\Temp").

Couple this with the latest Zoom build (5.0.1004) which no longer writes .ini and other temporary files in the Zoom installation folder - it should mean that users should no longer have problems with running Zoom on computers where they only have limited user privileges/access permission.

This should also help with running Zoom alongside various UAC settings in Windows Vista.

You can download the latest plugins from our plugin page here:
    http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/plugins.html

The "complete plugins installer package" has also been updated.

Please let us know if you continue to have any problems.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Instead of "forcing" tempfiles to "C:\Documents and Settings\user\Local Settings\Temp")" - it would be better if one could decide the output folder.

Running the indexer simultaneous on different sites will not be possible with this solution.

Regards
    Hessner

Comment

Temp Files

It is interesting about the tempory .ini files. Can you tell me why my my virus scannner (Mcafee) returns the following error everytime i run a crawl (offline)?

2/20/2007 4:16:31 AM Cleaned TM\TM ZoomIndexer.exe C:\Program Files\Zoom Search Engine 5.0\zoom_plugin.in W97M/Thus.gen (Virus)

I have had to disable the virus protection on the computer running zoom! I assume it is the latest zoom build as I upgraded only last week.

regards, Tim.

Comment

Maybe one of your Microsoft Word documents has a virus in it.

Zoom downloads the Word files before indexing into a temp file called zoom_plugin.in, but does not execute any macro scripts that might be in the document, so you can't get infected by indexing the document.

'W97M' Probably means 'Word 97 Macro'.

Comment

Correct! went through logs, matched the time and narrowed it down to 1 directory. All sorted and very happy! Thanks for your unbelievably good customer service!
          tim

Comment

Any comments on this?

Instead of "forcing" tempfiles to "C:\Documents and Settings\user\Local Settings\Temp")" - it would be better if one could decide the output folder.

Running the indexer simultaneous on different sites will not be possible with this solution.

Comment

That is a possible future addition, possibly in V5.1. At this point in time, we do not support running multiple copies of the Indexer simultaneously (although it should work okay if you are not using plugins).
              --Ray
              Wrensoft Web Software
              Sydney, Australia
              Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Looking forward to 5.1

Comment

Working...
                X