Problems Logging (Apache on Linux)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems Logging (Apache on Linux)

I think I'm having a permission or ownship issue with Apache and Zoom. I've configured Zoom to log my searches. Everything works fine, but I get the following error at the bottom of my results:

Warning: fopen(logs/searchwords.log): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/mscdev3/Search/search.php on line 1460
    Unable to write to log file (logs/searchwords.log). Check that you have specified the correct log filename in your Indexer settings and that you have the required file permissions set.

The owner of the directory logs is set to apache and the group is set to mscdev3. The permissions are set to 755.

What am I missing? Any help would be appreciated.

Logging Issue Resolved. Permission question.

I got logging working if I set the path to a root-relative path rather than a document relative path.

I moved the log directory out of the site directory to /var/log/zoom.

I found that the only way I could get the logging to work was to set permissions to 755 on the zoom directory and log file. Is this normal?

Comment

Path & permission problems are common for people trying to get logging working. (Probably becuase most people are not very familar with the Unix file structure and Unix style file permissions)

These issues are covered in the FAQ here,
      http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support/logging.html

----
      David

Comment

Working...
      X