Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Searching protected pdf documents

Hi there

I recently downloaded MS toolbar suite which inludes desktop search.

I then downloaded http://www.ifilter.org/links_pdf.htm and used it with msn search. This evens allows you to search password protected PDF's

It seems as if it is a more powerful pdf plugin.

Can this be easily be integrated into zoom?

Thank you

We'll look into it but I don't think it can be easily integrated. It would most likely require special development since it currently conforms to the IFilter standard which was specifically designed for Microsoft Indexing Service.

We are also looking at allowing users to specify the password for protected PDF files, so that you can index them if you know the original password used to encrypt the file.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Could you incorporate multiple password fileds, I index multiple websites and they have different passwords for he pdf's

Comment

It really depends on user interest. The downside is that it would complicate the UI a bit since you would have to specify file patterns for certain passwords (assuming that the files do differ by some common pattern and do not differ randomly).

But if you have multiple websites, it might make sense to split them up into seperate index sets (and thus, have a different password for each). At this point, we're only looking at allowing a single password for all PDF files. If you are interested in custom development, then please contact us by e-mail.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
        X