Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Language - Brazillian Portuguese

Hi

I am from brazil and just download the free version of Zoom, itīs kinda amazing this software.

So I am translating and we have:

STR_RESULT= resultado
    STR_RESULTS=resultados

and just

STR_SUMMARY_FOUND=encontrado

when only 1 result is found, the string will be:

1 resultado encontrado

when more than 1...:

2 resultadoS encontradoS

So, to 'result' thereīs a variable to use the singular and the plural, but for 'found', nops.

; )

Hope u understand what i mean (i am not good in english at all), and if thereīs a way to chance it in this last version I am using... let me know ^^

thanks

Just as background for other people reading this post. Version 4 of Zoom allows you to edit all the text on the search form. You can do this from the "Languages" tab in the Zoom configuration window.

I think I understand the problem.

In English we never have a plural for the word "Found". So we say.
    1 Result found.
    2 Results found.

but in Portuguese you say,
    1 resultado encontrado
    2 resultados encontrados

So in the English languages file we only need 1 string for found. But in Portuguese you need 2.

So this is really a minor bug in the language file, which we can fix for the next release.

Is this the only phrase that has this problem in Portuguese? Or are there others?

Can you E-Mail me your Portuguese file when you have finished, so we can make it available for other people?

E-Mail: Zoom [at] wrensoft [dot] com

Thanks
    David

Comment

A workaround for the moment might be to specify the plural form in brackets, as it is commonly done in English. For example,

STR_SUMMARY_FOUND=encontrado(s)

Would produce the following messages:

1 resultado encontrado(s)

and

2 resultados encontrado(s)

We are not familiar with portuguese so we're not sure how acceptable this is. Let us know if there are other phrases/sentences in the search script which require similar changes.
      --Ray
      Wrensoft Web Software
      Sydney, Australia
      Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
      X