Categories and files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Categories and files

I use categories to sub-divide my searching. On the site right now, I use the category 'Web Pages' to do all the .asp and this is my main category, I also have 'PDF Files' that do all the .pdf's but the problem comes in when I have files that can fall into multiple categories.

For example, my third Category is the 'Business Directory' and I only want to put the file'/business_directory/single.asp' into it. BUT! This because this file is database driven, all the examples come with a querystring after it.

How do I get Web Pages to still be the first (default) category [which is it now] but not have single.asp included in it? I want single.asp only to be listed in the Business Directory category. (there are about 900 different spiders of it because we currently have over 900 businesses in it and growing)

Ideally, it would be nice to have the file included in both categories, but from reading other posts, I realize that it is not possible (at this time).

Thanks!
    Shawn

The simple but maybe not quite perfect solution is do have the following categories,

ALL (inserted automatically at the top of the list)
    Business Directory /business_directory/single.asp
    PDF files .pdf
    Web Pages (as the default catch all category)

But the order might not be eactly what you wanted.

You can manually edit the order of the cateogies, post indexing, by creating your own search form, rather than using the Zoom generated one, but it is moderately complicated.

----
    David

Comment

Working...
    X