Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with greek language

Hello,
    i have a problem with the search because my site is in Greek. The problem is that if i search for a word with an accent then two thing can happen. If i type it exactly as it is written on the site (i mean case sensitive and with accent) erverything is ok. If i don't put the accent i get "No results found". If i put the accent but i write it with the first letter in capitals then i get "The following word(s) are in the skip word list and have been omitted from your search: "Σχόλια"", which isn't in the skip word list (i have nothing in this list).

I tried using the encoding selection feature and the international searching support (accents etc) but still nothing...

Any ideas what to do?

thanks

First of all, can you tell us if your site is using UTF-8 encoding? If not, what character set is it encoded with? Have you made sure to select the corresponding encoding in Zoom? (click Configure -> Languages)

Second, with the skipping issue, it is possible that it has mistakenly considered the first character as a single word. While you may have an empty skip list, you may have the option to "Skip words less than x characters" set in the configuration window. As a test, try changing this value to 1 (ie: do not skip single characters) and see if this changes the page's behaviour.

It would also help if you can give us a URL to your website and search page and provide some examples.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
    X