X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A pdf file that brings the indexer to a halt

The indexer came to a halt when it reached the following pdf at URL:

http://www.themarketingprocessco.com...easurement.pdf

I expected the indexer would have moved on after finding that this pdf was protected - but did not continue through the remainder of my imported list of URLs.

Perhaps there is a bug in the pdf plug-in. Meanwhile, I have deleted the URL from the list. A solution would be good.
    Cheers,
    John

We've had a look at this and was able to replicate the problem, but only when that PDF file was specified as a start URL (either as the main spider URL or as an additional start point by clicking on "More" in spider mode). In this case, it does not move on to the next start point in the "More" list, but will respond if you click on "Stop indexing" and successfully write out the index files up to that point.

If the PDF file was not a start point, and was found only by crawling a link via the other pages on your website, then Zoom appeared to have no problem identifying it as being a protected file and moving on.

Can you confirm if we have correctly identified the problem or if it behaves differently in your scenario?

We will fix the bug described in the first scenario in Version 4.1.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Yes you have correct diagnosis

Comment

Working...
      X