Search Logging with Microweb on Hard Disk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search Logging with Microweb on Hard Disk

We have (very successfully) deployed Zoom Search PHP on a CD using the recommended Microweb web server.

Its was so successful we were allowed to copy it to the normally very heavily IT guarded corporate web server and everything worked hunky dory.

I would like to try and switch on the search logging, but don't have direct access to the servers folder permissions. Therefore I need to come up with a pretty good body of evidence (value, benefit, etc) to get IT to do the changes for me.

To that end I've tried to get the search logging working with a copy of Microweb running in a hard disc folder. The PHP search works fine but not the logging. I tried all (as far as I can think), reasonable variants of the path for the log file but with no joy.

?Am I flogging a dead ecquine with this approach.
    Mark Gallagher

This is a pretty special set of circumstances. Zoom PHP, Microweb instead of a server, on a local hard disk with logging. We haven't tried to get this working ourselves.

Without actually trying to replicate the situation, I would say that if Microweb fully supports PHP it should be possible to make it work.

I assume you have already read though the logging support page?
    http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support/logging.html

-------
    David

Comment

Cheers David,

Plan 1: I'll keep trying a few other possible variants (haven't tried absolute paths yet).

Plan 2: Be very nice to the IT folks and hope I can persuade them to do it without having to raise a ticket through their whole IT process (I have to call a help desk in Hungary to get a tociket number for a guy who sits 10 meters aways to do something - don't ever get corporate).
      Mark Gallagher

Comment

If you just want to demonstrate the logging feature to your IT people, you could also consider running an Apache/PHP server (temporarily) on your own computer, where you will have full access to file permissions. Just a thought.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

- It works, absolutely splendidly works, and with no adjusts to Microweb and the only adjusts to Zoom is to enable logging.

Now the hard part - someone customised our zoom php script for operation on CD so heavily that they even cut out the logging code section as "not required on voyage". - putting back the logging code helped a lot. As soon as I can kick myself I will -

Its now also working on the IIS server without having to talk to IT - so we'll leave the search logging running for few days and then see what we can glean from the reports.
          Mark Gallagher

Comment

Working...
          X