Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automatically upload files at the end of indexing

I have a couple of questions on this subject:

1) The files that are automatically uploaded, are these simply the .zdat files? Or do the search.asp and search_template.html files get uploaded as well?

2) I'm running Zoom Search Engine on our company Intranet. The Zoom Search Engine software is running on the actual server where the Intranet is also running on, so we can't therefore FTP the files to a specified directory within the structure of the Intranet. Is there any other way that we can have files "dumped" to a specific location with the structure of the Intranet automatically, bearing in mind that we don't want the search_template.html file overwritten??

1) The files uploaded by Zoom include all ZDAT files as well as search.asp, settings.asp and search_template.html. It is basically all the files listed in the window after indexing ("Required files") when you are given the option to "Use Zoom to upload" or "I will upload or copy the files myself".

2) That's fine, just set your output directory to the networked folder so that the files will be written straight into the appropriate location on the server. For example, your output directory could be set to "\\ourserver\Inetpub\wwwroot\mysearch\". This assumes you have user permission to write files to the folder directly from your indexing computer.

And the search_template.html file does not get overwritten if one already exists in the output directory. It will only create a new (default) template if there isn't one already in the output directory.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Ray - thanks for your reply.

And the search_template.html file does not get overwritten if one already exists in the output directory. It will only create a new (default) template if there isn't one already in the output directory.
      Does this also apply to search.asp i.e. is this file only overwritten if it doesn't already exist?

Comment

No, the search script (search.asp) gets overwritten. If you wish to make modifications to the script, you can simply keep your customized copy of the script in a different folder of your choosing, and select "Custom script source path" in the Configuration window (under the "Advanced" tab).

Alternatively, you can modify the source copy of the script by clicking on "Templates" -> "Modify search script source code" in the menus. This would apply your changes to the default script permanently however (until you reinstall). So in most cases we would recommend the former method.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
        X