alt text? two sites?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alt text? two sites?

I've just run this over my site and it works well.
    However, as I have rather more than fifty pages, I'd need to have a registered version to use it properly.

Two questions:
    Can I make it include alt text? I have one page with graphic rollovers as links. Each one has the text from the rollover repeated as alt text, and I'm wondering if it will be included in a search.

If I buy the search engine, can I use it on more than one site? I'm not commercial or making any money from my site. It's just that it's so cluttered I want to begin a new one to separate material, and as I've learned a few things in three years I want to try building a more efficient site than my present one.

Ob

Zoom currently does not index image ALT text. We will consider it for a future version. One possible workaround you can consider for the moment, is to put your ALT text in a meta keywords or zoomwords tag at the top of the page.

And yes, you can use Zoom on more than one site. Please see the following FAQ:
    http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support...s.html#license
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Thank you for your answer, Raymond. It's more than encouraging, since, as well as my own site, I do do a site for another person, and hadn't imagined that I could put a search on that one as well at the same cost.
      Sounds bonza!

PS. Although I have "Notify me when a reply is posted" checked, I didn't get a notification--although it's possible that it arrived amongst a heap of spam and was accidentally deleted. Whatever, I apologise for my tardy reply.
      Ob

Comment

Working...
      X