PassMark Logo
Home » Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

modifying search output on dynamic php site...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• modifying search output on dynamic php site...

Hello,

I am having trouble trying to customize the search result output. I have the search engine indexing a php/mysql intranet site, and my search results are hard to decipher.

1. The title - each search result has the same title - Intranet - as the index.php page and not the category node name for each search result.

2. Content - reads as a laundry list of menu items, and not file name or file description (as found on each individual php page).

I've taken a look at the search template and php code and it's hard to figure out what to alter...

Thanks,

Chris

The search_template.html file can be used to alter the way the results look. (i.e. the fonts, the font colors, the line spacing, the page color, etc..)

The template will not allow you to change the actual text returned as search results.

If all search results have the same title then this is problably becuase all the pages indexed by Zoom have the same HTML <title> tag.

Can you post the URL of a few of your pages and your search function, so that we can have a look at the pages and make some suggestions on how to improve it.

---------
    David

Comment

Some additional notes:

1. You most likely need to make sure you update the <title> tag in your index.php script output.

2. You need to exclude your menus from being indexed. You can do this by enclosing them with the and tags. Refer to chapter 6.5 of the Users Guide for more information:
      http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/usersguide.html
      --Ray
      Wrensoft Web Software
      Sydney, Australia
      Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
      X