PassMark Logo
Home » Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OK...next question: modifying search results content?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK...next question: modifying search results content?

I've made some modifications to the template for the search results on things that are actually IN the template...as changing the style sheets.

But...we have a new problem related to our JSP session variable-style login.

I've figured out how to "flow" the results page into a JSP by using the search query with a variable for the query term...but my variable isn't passing along to consecutive pages of the search results, because those links are attempting to go directly back to the standard Zoom way of returning results.

Any ideas on how I can resolve this problem?

-Liz

made some progress on this, but...

For some reason, flowing the search results into the jsp added amp; to an & in the urls at the bottom (links to 2nd and more pages of results)

I've written the JSP code to convert those back to plain &

but the link to the second page pulls up the results from the first!

Shouldn't ?zoom_query=retail&zoom_page=2&zoom_per_page=20&zo om_cat=-1&zoom_and=0&zoom_sort=0

at the end of the URL pull up the second page of results for the query "retail"?

Comment

In regards to your first question, you need to specify the "Link back URL" to your JSP page. You can do this from the Configuration window, under the "Advanced" tab. If you specify your JSP page for the "Link back URL", eg. "mysearch.jsp", then all links such as the ones at the bottom for consecutive result pages, will link back to "mysearch.jsp".

Having & (make sure there is an ampersand before the word "amp") in place of "&" is perfectly normal. This is just the HTML entity for the ampersand symbol and is actually safer to use in the URL of a link.

And yes, those parameters should go to the second page of results. It's hard to tell what might be wrong, perhaps the parameters are not being passed from your JSP page to the search script? If you can give us a URL to the search page, we can take a closer look.
      --Ray
      Wrensoft Web Software
      Sydney, Australia
      Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
      X