Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Access Rights

Hi,
    I've installed Zoom to provide a way for staff to do text-search on documents found on our server (T drive). The search page is part of the Intranet. The T drive is composed of 3 main directories namely:
    122 - Financial (access rights to financial people only)
    123 - Accounts (access rights to accounts people only)
    124 - Information system (Access rights to ISS people only)

Question:
    I run the index on the entire T drive. If an offline search is made for "customer", when search result is displayed for all its occurences, will people from financial dept be able to open a file from accounts dept even though they do not have access rights?
    If so, is there an easy way to ensure that access rights specified in windows login is maintanined?

In short, I'm hoping for something like "T:\123 - Accounts is not accessible. Access denied" when a person from financials try to open a file from accounts

Thank you for your advice
    Bilal

Zoom does not give them direct access to any files that they did not already have access to.

But in the search results themselves, a small part of the document is displayed to so the context in which the search word appeared. So if the information is really confidential you might want to turn this option off from the "Results Layouts" tab in the Zoom configuration window.

-------
    David

Comment

Working...
    X