PassMark Logo
Home » Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

scheduling index - can I ftp only the updated data files?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scheduling index - can I ftp only the updated data files?

I would like to schedule an automatic indexing and ftp upload of my client's site. However, I only want the new data files to be ftp'ed (not the settings file). I want the settings to stay how they are and not be overwritten each time, because I've customized them in a few places.

Is this possible to only have it ftp the updated data files?

The contents of the internal settings file should not be modified by hand in general. I believe that everything that is contained in the settings file can be edited from the Zoom user interface in a much friendly way.

You should create a configuration file per client with all your settings for that client. Then when you schedule and upload an index you should use the configuration file appropriate for that client.

-----
    David
    WrenSoft

Comment

can it only ftp the data files (and not the settings file)

That sounds good, and I have done that. But when it ftped automatically it overwrote the settings file in addition to the dat files for that client. I had configured the settings file to point to a different template file name, and also added a <hr> tag above the "Search Results for.." line in the code. Is there a way in the config window to tell it ONLY to ftp the dat files?

Comment

No, there is no way to only upload some of the files with the auto-upload feature. You would need to FTP manually using an external 3rd party FTP program.

But there should be no need to change the template file name. It is not seen by the end user. So there should be no need to manually edit the settings file. So it shouldn't matter if the file is re-created when indexing.

As for modifying the string, "Search Results for..". You could probably do this via editing the english language file, if you didn't want to edit the code.

-------
        David

Comment

Adding some HTML code in languages file

Kelli,

David is wright. You should try to "play" with language file (Configure-Languages-Search Page Language). You can even add some HTML tags into them. I just tryed and put <hr> as you did in settings file, infront of term "Search results for:". Editing the settings file is for me very clumsy.

Now I have

Code:
          STR_RESULTS_FOR=<hr>Rezultat pretrage pojma
          the last one is in Croatian "Search results for", and voila, a rule appears when I perform the search. Nice!

You can have as many language files as you want and need! Just take care not to mix them
          Regards,
          Nenad

Comment

Working...
          X