PassMark Logo
Home » Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ZOOM 4.0 Build 1004 Installer overwrites languages files!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZOOM 4.0 Build 1004 Installer overwrites languages files!

Hi,

I think there is a bug in the latest build installer. It overwrites language files without any warning. I checked in Build 1002, there was a warning the language file already exists, but 1004 checks only if the config files exist, not the language files.

Meanwhile, I made some modifications in my language file, which were after installing the latest build, gone with the wind

But lucky me, I made some back-ups

So, everyone, back up your language file and keep it in a safe place.
    Regards,
    Nenad

This isn't a bug, it was an intentional change. We noticed that, with the addition of more language files (6 in total for this build), that there were now too many prompts during the installation process as you had to click through and confirm each file.

So we made the decision to let it always overwrite the files, because users often want to recover the default files if they had mistakenly messed up a .zlang file.

With this change, we've also added a message on the very first window of the installer, stating that, "Existing users should note that scripts and language files will be overwritten... if you have customized these files, please back them up before proceeding".

We recommend that users should create a new .zlang file if they wish to make modifications (eg. "MyEnglish.zlang" or similar), and will update our Users Guide with such details.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
    X