PassMark Logo
Home » Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any way to get beyond the Max Unique Words/Memory usage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any way to get beyond the Max Unique Words/Memory usage?

I am trying to index a directory with a few hundred PDF files and reach the 30000 max unique words and I can't increase the value becuase of memory restraints. Is there a way to get past this?

How much memory is in your computer?

30,000 unique words is not all that many, and should not utilize too much memory. Check if you have set one of your other Limits to be too high, eg. "Max pages to scan", "Max. file size scanned".

You should be able to index a site of 1000 pages, with 50,000 unique words, and 1000 KB max file size using only 35 MB of memory or less.

Or did you mean 300,000 unique words? In which case, you would need to select the CGI platform option before specifying this limit.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

There is a gig of memory in my PC and I am trying to create a search for a CDROM. There are ~400 PDF files of different sizes. If I make any adjustsments to the limits it fails with not enough memory. I tried another search software program very similar to this and it had no issues at all, so I am wondering why there is such a limit with the Zoom.

Comment

What are the actual Limits you have set in the configuration window? Perhaps you can save your settings, and send your .zcfg file to us via e-mail. A common mistake is entering in bytes instead of kilobytes in the "Max file size scanned" and overallocating memory for that limit.

Second, are you using the Javascript option (since you said you're creating a search for a CDROM)? If so, note that Javascript is technically limited in the amount of memory it can utilize, but we place no restriction related to this in the Indexer. 600 files and 40,000 unique words should not be a problem. What is the exact error message that you get when it "fails with not enough memory"?

Please let us know the version and build of Zoom you are using (click on "Help"->"About") when you send the config file.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
        X