Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASP Error 8002801d "Library Not Registered"

Hi

according to the microsoft knowledge base article linked to from the FAQs the solution to the 8002801d error is

"To resolve this problem, give the Everyone group Read permission to the ClassID and TypeLib registry entries for the component that is failing"

how do you know which GUIDS to give the read permission to?

I'm somewhat dubious about going in and editing the registry on the web server, seems dangerous!

cheers

As described in the abovementioned FAQ (http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support....html#8002801d), this is usually because your web server has an older version of VBScript or MDAC installed. Your first attempt at fixing this should be to install (or re-install) the latest VBScript and MDAC on your server (see download links in above URL). Also, make sure you re-boot your server after installing these new components.

If you are still having these problems with the latest versions of VBScript and MDAC installed, only then should you pursue the other solutions provided by the Microsoft Knowledge Base article related to corrupt library information. Let us know if this is the case.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Hi

the webserver was updated to VBScript 5.6 and MDAC 2.8, as per the FAQ instructions, and then rebooted.

As I am still getting the error, I assume that the problem is with the registry?

I am also trying to run the cgi version, but am having problems with this too, as the server doesn't fully support cgi!

my preference is to use the asp version, as I am more familiar with ASP than cgi

any help much appreciated!

cheers

Comment

Yes, that sounds like it could potentially be a registry issue according to the MS KB article. Consult the KB article, but you will have to be careful with any registry changes and permission settings. This is a Microsoft/IIS issue so we can not really give any guarantee of its outcome.

Using the CGI option might be a better solution for you. Windows and IIS should support CGI out of the box. Note that CGI does not mean Perl. This is a common mistake (see "What is CGI?" on http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support/platforms.html )

Refer to this FAQ on how to setup binary CGI support on your IIS server:
        http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support...i.html#cgi4iis
        Last edited by Ray; May-23-2007, 02:03 AM. Reason: Fixed link
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

thanks guys

I have the cgi version running on the live server

I'll work out my formatting and do some final tests, then I'll be buying the pro version

Comment

error '8002801d'

I found that TypeLIB has the Permission to read...
            Still its giving the Same error Message

Any Help

Comment

Did you check which user has permission to read? Note that IIS is usually configured to run as a specific user (typically "IUSR_<machinename>"). Did you try creating a user group for Everyone as well and give that Read permission?

I presume you have already tried installing (or re-installing) the latest VBScript and MDAC? Make sure to reboot after reinstalling.

Can you tell us which version of IIS you are using, the version of VBScript and MDAC installed, and the OS version. Note that this error is known to be a Microsoft IIS and ASP installation issue - it causes all ASP scripts which use RegExp to fail.

A quick search on Google also gives the following solution. We have NOT tested this, and is here only for your information:

...Find this key, and give Everyone Full Control permissions to it and all subkeys:
              HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\{3F4­DACA7-160D-11D2-A8E9-00104B365­C9F
              Source: Google newsgroup post on microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript
              --Ray
              Wrensoft Web Software
              Sydney, Australia
              Zoom Search Engine

Comment

IUSR_&lt;machinename&gt; where?

How can i go to IUSR_<machinename>? Any instructions of how to reach IUSR_<machinename> and give the user permissions to it...Please anybody help. I really need it so badly. Thanks a lot =)

Comment

That is the user account name, not the machine name. You can't "go to" an user account. Please clarify what you are trying to do.

The user account may not appear in the list, but you can usually type it in on the folder Properties -> "Security" tab, "Edit" ->"Add".
                  --Ray
                  Wrensoft Web Software
                  Sydney, Australia
                  Zoom Search Engine

Comment

hey! thanks for the reply. i already get your point.

I have another concern in givng permission using this registry keys

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\{3F4*DACA7-160D-11D2-A8E9-00104B365*C9F

how can make the permissions?im using windows 2000 sp4. i need to solve the problem of the i had which is

error '8002801d'

Library not registered.

/iisHelp/common/500-100.asp, line 10

anyone help please..thanks

Comment

This is explained in the top post. It is most likely due to an old MDAC or VBScript engine installed and you need to upgrade it.

Also, "/iisHelp/common/500-100.asp" is not our script and not our product. Please note that this is a forum for the Zoom Search Engine and not a general purpose ASP forum. Please inform how this is related to Zoom.
                      --Ray
                      Wrensoft Web Software
                      Sydney, Australia
                      Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
                      X