Logging issue in Zoom 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logging issue in Zoom 3

I'm trying to set up the logging feature in Zoom 3.0 on an IIS server, but am unable to do it properly.

At one point, I was getting an error message indicating that I'd not set the permissions properly on my searchwords.log file, and I tried to correct that by setting the permissions through IIS.

Now I'm getting "Wrong File Type - The selected file appears to be the wrong type or an old log file created before Zoom 3.0"

Has anyone seen this problem, and if so, how do I get round it? I think all I need to do is add one line of bogus log data to the file in order for Zoom to recognize it and then it will log.

Thanks.

Craig

This error message is only from the Statistics Report tool (in the Indexer), and not the logging feature on the search page.

The "Generate Statistics Report" feature analyses a given log file and create a HTML and graphical report. If the log file given is either empty or in an unexpected format, then you will get this error message.

First, you should make sure your search page is logging properly by entering in some searches. If you still get the message regarding permissions being not properly set, then logging is not working yet. Check your permissions, and the path specified for the log file. Make sure it has read AND write permission to the folder containing the log file.

If you are no longer getting the permissions error message, then you should be able to view or download the log file via your browser (eg. "http://www.mysite.com/search/logs/searchwords.log"). Once you can see entries are being successfully logged, then you can load it into the Statistics Report tool.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Zoom Search Engine

Thanks Raymond.

I was slightly confused til I saw it working and it makes more sense. However, my original problem was contributing to the confusion because the searchwords.log file still had a date format that was throwing the error.

However, all work now and I'm getting the HTML page up with the graphs.

Thanks again.

Craig

Comment

Working...
      X