Keywords on Properties -> Summary Tab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keywords on Properties -> Summary Tab

I'm trying to index Word docs with keywords entered on the summary tab of the properties dialog. I have selected "Use meta information from plugins," but the keywords are not indexed. I have the .doc plugin. Thanks.

Make sure you have updated your DOC plugin to Version 1.3 (6/Jan/2005) - http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/plugins.html
    This feature was not available in previous versions of the plugin.

You will also need Zoom Version 4.0 Build 1004 (check from the "Help" menu -> "About"). Let us know if you still have this problem.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

I have the latest versions of both the engine and plugin. When I configure keywords only, the dictwords array is empty. There are keywords in the zoom_descriptions file though. I'm using javascript.

Comment

We've just put up a new build (Version 4.0 build 1006) and this includes some changes to the way we're extracting meta information from plugins. It should hopefully fix your problem, but let us know again if it doesn't.

Download link and more info at:
        http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/whatsnew.html
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Does "Use meta information from..." override "Use .desc files?"

When nothing is checked on "What to index" does Zoom still index?
          I have only one desc file. I have everything unchecked except "Use .desc files." Nothing is being pulled from the properly named .desc file.

Comment

If "Use .desc files" is enabled, and a .desc file exists, then the information available in the .desc file will override the meta information retrieved from the plugin (eg. the actual Summary information within the PDF file).

When nothing is checked on "What to index", Zoom will NOT index anything. This applies to the contents of .desc files too. If you wish to index keywords from the .desc files, you must enable "Meta keywords" in your "Indexing options" tab. Similarly for titles, meta descriptions, etc.
            --Ray
            Wrensoft Web Software
            Sydney, Australia
            Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
            X