• Show
Clear All

• date on results page

Hi

in the result page it displays date.

for example :

Terms matched: 2 - Score: 40 - 11 Jan 2005 - URL: http://www.test.com/

where is this date coming from?

is this date of index? or the last updated date of that file?

thanks

In V4.0 of the software this is determined by the Last Modified date and time for that particular file. When this information is not available, the file is given the date and
    time that the indexing took place.

In a future version of the software we will probably allow the user to override this information with their own file date.

-----
    David

Comment

Date on Dynamic Sites

For a dynamic site it is very important to let the user override the file date (probably using <META name="document-date" content=......)

For our site elporvenir.com.mx (http://elporvenir.com.mx/busqueda.asp) we had to disable the date feature.

Comment

I need that date function too

I'm setting upa dynamic site based on Mambo CMS - but the built-in search engine was too slow, so I got Zoom. All was going fine till I noticed the date in the search results! Anyone know a way round this?

Is the upgrade on its way anytime soon?

Thanks!

Comment

We have pretty much finished the development on V4.1 now. It includes a feature that allows a date to be specified in the meta data.

There are other more exotic solutions available, like modifying the HTTP header data on the fly, but they aren't worth discussing given that a better solution is almost available.

We are now working on updates to the users guide and web site. So V4.1 should be available this week (around 23/June).

-------
          David

Comment

great news

Thanks David, I was hoping for that response! Compliments on a great product, with good, clear, comprehensible documenation by the way!

Comment

Working...
            X