MySQL Database searching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MySQL Database searching

I have 2 tables in Mysql with texts. Can Zoom Search Engine search using directly those tables?
    Thanks a lot

Depending on what you already have on your site, it might take a small amount of work to set up. But yes you can search database content.

See this FAQ question for details,
    http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support/faq_howto.html#sql

--------
    David

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I have 2 tables in mysql with a large set of texts.
      I already have the list of page (like page.php?ID=X) but if I inser the list of the page in Zoom, it creates a second database with the same data!
      So I have a first database and a second database created by Zoom... and I don't want that because it's a very large database

Comment

Zoom does not create a database, at least not a mySQL database. It does create a set of index files that are in some respects like a database. I assume it is these index files that you are refering to.

The index files created by Zoom will be smaller that the mySQL database becuase the data in the index is compressed.

If you want to reduce the size of the index files further then turn off the display of the "context description" in Zoom.

All good search engines create index files to allow for the fast searching of key words. If you want a search solution that doesn't use index files and avoids any duplication of data in the mySQL database, then the best solution is to code up your own search solution using mySQL & PHP. But if you do that, it will only work for your particualar database on not for any normal HTML pages that you have.

---------
        David

Comment

Working...
        X