Newbie questions re: exclusions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie questions re: exclusions

I have the pro version 3.x installed and working on several sites. I'm about to upgrade to 4 but haven't yet. I have 2 questions.

1) I would like to omit my meta description and keywords from searches but not omit my page titles. I design in NetObjects Fusion and would rather not have to manually code in and on all my pages. I did successfully add those codes at the top of the page and after all the meta tags but unfortunately that also made it so all my seraches showed with no page titles! It seems to be there should a simple way to say do not include meta tags, is there?

2) It also seems like there should be a simple way to say do not include certain html pages, such as the search_template.html. Is there a way to do that?

Thanks for any help.
    Sheila

1.) In Version 4.0, there is a simple checkbox option to disable indexing of meta keywords and/or meta descriptions. This is in the Configuration window, under the "Indexing options" tab.

2.) By "not include", i assume you mean skipping it from indexing (and thus excluding it from being searched). You can do this by entering the filename (or any pattern which will match against the URL of the page) in the "Skip page or folder list". This is in the Configuration window, under the "Skip options" tab.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
    X